Thursday, February 12, 2015

IN TIMES LIKE THESE

It's the bane of humankind, that in marginal times, everyone feels unique in their understanding of reality, the present threat or as in our current crisis - what seems to be an historical snowfall.  I want to scream ENOUGH already.  I am quite sure that if I had no need to bend to my shovel and roof rake I'd somehow manage a more poetical attitude to all this mess.  As it is, CA and I looked at each other yesterday and said almost in unison, "THIS ISN'T FUN ANYMORE".


We tend to talk things to death around here.  Processing life in bite sized amounts as it seems we do, leads us to forgo the larger more global view of things which always gives deeper meaning to our plight - whatever it may be.  Nothing is really the end of the world.  But nevertheless, we make it out to be almost that as the snow piles up beyond our ability to handle it - as ice devastates the infrastructure ( as well as the trees around the house ) - or as tornadic winds huff and puff at our windows.


Moderation in all things seems to me the best philosophy in times like these.  Including moderation in moderation.  It's possible to be too careful.  


Be careful out there.  Go slower.  Take care of yourself for the rest of us who love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment